There has been many a time when I wanted to bake a cake but I already had the main meal cooking in the oven. The solution was to use the crock pot and cook the cake in that so that's what I did. It is really a mini oven and bakes most cakes very well. Fruit cakes and self topped/iced cakes cook very well in the crock pot. I am amazed at how well the cakes rise in the crock pot.
Archive for October, 2009
- I want to cook Osso Bucco with olives tonight
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker Beef and Red Wine Stew
- If you are super busy then you should be using a Digital Slow Cooker
- Take your crock pot with you
- Slow Cooker Recipes now on Kindle
- Every kitchen should have a crock pot or slow cooker
- Slow Cooker Desserts | Rice Pudding
- Did you know you can get Slow Cooker Replacement Parts and Accessories?
- Crock Pot Video
- Preparing to cook for a crowd in the holiday season
To reduce fat from your crock pot meals let them cool and skim the fat off.
Pre heat your crock pot while you are preparing the cake mixture.
Use herbs instead of salt as a healthy alternative.
FRUGAL MOM'S GUIDE to Once a Month Cooking is here!
Not only does it have over 70 mom-tested once a month cooking recipes, but complete step-by-step instructions for doing once a month cooking, and lots of great forms to help you! Click here for more information.
Gourmet and Gluten-Free
Cook delicious, allergy friendly, healthy food Low-Glycemic too!Click Here for the Cookbook!
MAKE YOUR OWN GREEN TEAAnd Lose More Weight Online Than Any Celebrity Diet - CLICK HERE TO DO IT TOO
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- October 2010
- June 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008